The Music Pavilion of the Countess of Provence


Built in 1784 by architect Jean-François Chalgrin for Marie-Joséphine de Savoie, Countess of Provence, wife of Monsieur, the brother of Louis XVI and enlarged in 1820 by Jean-Jacques Huvé, the architect of the Paris church of La Madeleine, this neo-classical 800 sq.m. (8,611 sq.ft.) heritage building opening onto a magnificent, 4,000 sq.m., non-overlooked garden features:

Ground (U.S. 1st)

Beneath an 8m.-high dome with skylight, the round music hall with a stone floor with black inlaid decoration and walls covered in trompe-l'oeil painted canvases representing a succession of columns in the midst of an English garden with exuberant vegetation

Remarkable octagonal salon with a window and 2 French windows opening onto the garden, 'Versailles' parquet floor, 5m.-high ceiling and a decor of flower garlands in stucco and a monogram of Marie-Joséphine set in Wedgwood medalions

Second salon with 5m.-high ceiling

Third salon

Dining room with 2 French windows opening onto the garden and 4m.-high ceiling

Plate room

Music room with 'Versailles' parquet floor

Small study

Bedroom with 2 windows and 4m. ceiling



Middle floor

Round room with skylight and washroom


1st (U.S. 2nd)

Corner master bedroom with 4 windows facing south and west and small bathroom

Corner bedroom 3 with 3 windows facing west and north and large bathroom and dressing room

Across the landing, the caretaker's 100 sq.m. apartment including a round room with skylight, 3 bedrooms, shower room and kitchen


Basement accessed via inside of house or garden

6 rooms with natural light


Storage rooms



Price on request